The Odd Gentlemen are looking for a Sound Designer to join our team in Los Angeles. We are looking for an applicant with experience in creating and implementing sounds for video games and an ear for details that bring digital worlds to life. You will work closely with a small team who are passionate about creating fantastical games.
The Odd Gentlemen is an independent video game studio founded in the fall of 2008. The studio’s debut title was the critically acclaimed, multi-award winning The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, released for Xbox Live and PC. They are now working on King’s Quest.
Check out the job details below, and send us your resume and a cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if this one isn’t a fit for you, follow us on Twitter @theoddgentlemen for all the latest news and job openings.
Title: Sound Designer
Type: Contract Position
- Creating all the sound effects and sound design that will bring the game to life.
- Responsible for implementing and mixing game sequences from concept to submission.
- Integrate clips into the engine at their appropriate cues.
- Working with others to find creative ways to reach design goals and milestone targets.
- Manage necessary audio assets (sound files, scripts, tracks, etc.) associated with a product using the necessary software.
- Test, debug, and assure the functional quality of all audio in a given product.
- 2-3 minimum shipped games as a sound designer.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent experience.
- A 3-5 minute reel demonstrating advanced linear and procedural sound design skills with an explanation of contributions.
- Understanding of audio production, editing and mastering.
- Mastery with modern DAW’s and audio production software.
- A passion and understanding for cinematic and game sound design.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, along with a desire to work with a team.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Experience with delivering projects under tight deadlines.
This is NOT a Composer position. To be considered for this position, candidates must provide a web address for their work samples. Please send a minimum of two examples of game audio that you have created.